Every time Word is opened, a large Spellex mesage appears in the bottom right hand corner of the screen and then asks for spellex to be updated. This then takes the you to the spellex website where you must pay to obtain the update.
To remove this feature, follow these instructions: Windows XP users can start but opening Word as normal and skipping to step 4.
- Click the Start button.
- Type winword in the Start Search box. Don’t press Enter yet.
- In the list of Programs, right click on winword and click Run as administrator.
- Click Continue or Yes if prompted.
- Office 2007: Click on the Office button in the top left of the word window. Then click on “Word Options” at the bottom of that menu.
Office 2010: Click on the File menu in the top left of the word window. Then click on “Options” at the bottom of that menu.
- Click on “Add-ins”, At the bottom make sure the dropdown says ‘COM Add-ins’ and click Go.
- A window will appear. Uncheck the “Spellex Updater” and click OK.
- Restart Word.