Whenever you paste text into Word from other applications or webpages it uses the same font, colors and other formatting. This can cause problems in your documents and clash with your current formatting. Pasting text as unformatted can solve this problem.
To paste text as unformatted:
- In Word 2010, right click in the document.
- In the context menu that appears, under Paste option, click the third option at the end (marked with an ‘A’ icon).
To always have text paste as unformatted by default (allowing you to use Ctrl+V) :
- In Word 2010, click File (in the top left) -> Options.
- In the Word Options window, click the Advanced tab.
- Scroll down until you see Pasting from other programs, click its dropdown menu and select the “Keep Text Only” option.
- Click OK.