You are unable to install your Canon LBP6000 printer on Mac OS X Lion. The disc supplied may only include software for Windows and you are unable to find the driver on Canon’s website.
- Download and install the CAPT Printer Driver v3.40 [UK version or US version].
- Click the Apple icon in the top left of the screen.
- Click System Preferences.
- Click on “Print & Scan” on the second line.
- Click the + button underneath the list of printers and click “Add Other Printer or Scanner…”.
- In the list, your printer should appear (e.g. Canon LBP6000/LBP6018).
- Click on it once.
- Click the “Print Using:” dropdown and click “Select Printer Software…”
- In the search box type “Canon LBP”.
- Your printer name should be displayed (example format: “Canon LBP6000/LBP6018 CAPT (US)”)
- Click OK.
- Click the Add button (bottom right).
It worked. Thanks guys!
Only place I could find that had instructions that actually made my printer work.
Thanks a lot.
great help!! it works now..thanks a lot!!
Excelent, I made it following your’s instructions, thanks a lot!
I cant seem to get this to work. I followed every steps. but when i went to pages and tried printing one extra copy. It just says processing job like forever, Pls help
and i check the problem
Can’t connect to CCPD: Undefined error: 0
Looks like it works. Thanks =)
Works like a charm, thanx
It worked!!! Thanks a lot!
thanks! I works well!!
the only useful one on the internet… nearly lost my hope. thanks a lot!
Thank you so much! It worked for me too!
Ive installed the latest driver 3.5 for this printer which is supported by Lion, but it does not appear in the list like it is in step 10 of the solution above. So I select ‘Other’ and search for the installed driver on my iMac 07. The Canon driver files are there (library/printers/canon) but it won’t let me add any of them. Anyone with a solution to this?
The advice is excellent, but it works only for Mac OS X version 10.6. It does not work for version 10.7. What all of us shall do with version 10.7?
And what’s more – version 10.8 is coming….
I’ve tested this information on 10.7 only. Please tell me what is going wrong for you.
thx a lot! it works on the 10.8 too. Awesome!
cannot use on 10.8..
apparently canon eu didn’t update their drivers on the web for 10.8
hopefully this bit from canon au would work.
POR FAVOR !! AYUDENME !!! No puedo instalar impresora Canon LBP 6000 en mi
MACBOOK PRO OS X 10.8
OJALA ME PUEDAN AYUDAR, DE LO CONTRARIO ME QUEDARE CON UNA IMPRESORA NUEVA RECIEN COMPRADA 🙁