In Microsoft Outlook, despite setting the program to save passwords you are prompted to enter your password each time you access your email.
- Close Outlook.
- Click the Start button (Windows XP users should then click Run)
- Type regedit and press Enter.
- Click Continue or Allow if prompted.
- Navigate to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider
- Right click on the Protected Storage System Provider folder and click Delete.
- Click Yes.
- Restart the computer.
- Open Outlook.
- Enter any passwords that are asked for and check the option to save them.
From now on, passwords should be saved properly.