When you click on search results on websites like Google, you are taken to a completely different website. It may also get alerts that are not from your anti-virus program saying that you have viruses.
Run a Spyware scan and restart the computer.
If the problem persists, then check your DNS settings by following these instructions:
- Click the Start button (Windows XP users should then click Run).
- Type ncpa.cpl and press Enter.
- Right click on your connection (“Local Area Connection” for wired connections) and click Properties.
- Click Continue or Allow if prompted.
- In the list of items click on Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click the Properties button.
- Then look at the bottom option and make sure it is set to “Obtain DNS Server address automatically”.
- Click OK and click Close.