When installing or uninstalling a program you get the following message:
“Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package.”
Try the following:
- Set Data Execution Prevention (DEP) to it’s default setting.
- Re-register the Windows Installer
- Open a Command Prompt as an Administrator.
- Type msiexec /unregister and press Enter.
- Type msiexec /regserver and press Enter.
- Close the Command Prompt.
I’ve read several solution with thousand of lines in HP forum but none of them worked for me. Your simple solution worked perfectly. Thank you.