This will not work on Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) as that only uses a 64-bit Kernel.
When you plug your Olympus Dictaphone in to your Mac it may launch the Sonority software. However the device is not present in Sonority so you are unable to download files from it. The device may still appear on the Desktop as a mass storage device.
Currently, Olympus Sonority is unable to detect digital voice recorders on newer Mac models running a default kernel.
- Download and run our KernelSwitch application.
- If prompted asking if you want to open the file, click Open.
- If you don’t see the application then click the KernelSwitch icon (lightswitch) on the Dock.
- Click the “32-Bit” button.
- Enter your password if you have one and press Enter or click OK.
- Click the “Restart Now” button.
- Once restarted, reconnect your Dictaphone.