When you boot your Mac in verbose mode (cmd+V on startup), it hangs on the text “Waiting for DSMOS” and is booting a lot slower than usual.
- Go to your Applications folder.
- Open the Utilities folder.
- Run Terminal.
- Copy and paste the following command into the Terminal window:
sudo chown root:admin /
- Press Enter.
- You will need to enter your password and press Enter.
- It won’t show any characters when you type.
- If you do not have a password then set one first.
Once done, you can Quit Terminal and restart your computer.