To create an alias (also known as a shortcut) on your desktop.
- Hold both the Command (Apple Key) and the option (Alt key) together.
- Click and drag the icon that you want to create an alias of to the location (I.E your desktop) (also at this point you will notice that the pointer icon changes to a curved arrow signifying that you have done this correctly).
- Once dragged to the correct place simply drop the icon and then let go of the Command and options keys.
- You will notice that the icon has a small Curved arrow on the bottom left corner.
- Another method is to hold control and then click (or right click) the icon you want to make an alias of then simply click make Alias,
then simply drag the Alias (also named “Filename Alias”) to the correct location.