This issue may occur when a version of Dragon Dictate 3 earlier than Dragon Dictate 3.0.4 is installed on OS X Mavericks 10.9.
Follow these steps to upgrade to Dragon Dictate 3.0.4 or newer:
- Make sure you have “Quit” Dragon Dictate 3.0.x.
- Follow the instructions in https://fixkb.com/2013/10/allowing-assistive-devices-in-osx-mavericks-10-9.html.
- Launch Dragon Dictate. The “Dragon Dictate 3.0.x may not perform as expected…” dialog will appear again.
- Click “Continue”.
- The following dialog will then appear:
6. Click “Install Update” to download and install Dragon Dictate 3.0.4.