Upon connecting a USB hub to the Computer it doesn’t connect and devices connected to the hub will not connect either.
The driver set used by the device has not successfully connected the USB hub and cannot process any requests.
At this point you have to manually re-address the drivers for the hub to allow it connection to your computer correctly.
The following procedure will show you how to do this.
- Right click the computer Icon on your desktop or explorer window. (in windows 8.1 it is referred to as “This PC”)
- Click “Manage”
- Click “Yes” on the prompt for administrator.
- Click Device Manager.
- In the list there may be an “Unknown Device” (if not then the USB hub may be faulty.)
- Right click the “Unknown Device”
- and Select “Update Driver Software”
- Click “Browse my computer for Driver software”
- Click “Browse” And navigate to “C:\Windows\System32”
- Select the folder named “Drivers” then click OK
- Click Next and this will install the drivers.
If the issue has not been resolved by these steps then you should consider replacing the USB hub.