The Plustek 3800 scanner is switched on and connected to the computer but does not show as a connected device.
In Device manager this will show as an “Unknown Device”
The driver has not been loaded correctly or has not recognized the connected device.
You have to manually locate and load the driver.
Use the following method to do this.
Firstly you can download the latest driver from:
Note the location you saved it to.
- Right click “Computer” (Windows 8.1: “This PC”) and click Manage
- Click “Device Manager”
- Right click the “Unknown Device” and Click “Update Driver Software”
- Click “Browse my computer for Driver software”
- Click Browse.
- Locate the file you downloaded and click ok.
- This should trigger the installer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.