At least one of the following may apply:
- When playing DVDs the playback is slow and keeps skipping.
- When burning discs, the whole computer becomes slow.
Your IDE controllers need to be set to DMA Mode as opposed to PIO mode:
- Open Device Manager.
- Do the following for each item under IDE controllers:
- Right click on the item and click Properties.
- If an ‘Advanced Settings’ tab exists click that.
- Windows XP users: change any drop downs that say ‘Transfer Mode’ to ‘DMA if available’.
- Vista or above users: check the “Enable DMA” checkbox if it exists’.
- Click OK.
- Restart your computer.
If this fails, try uninstalling all the IDE Controllers (right click the item and click Uninstall) and then restart your computer.
If this still doesn’t work try using the PIO Counter Reset tool.