When plugging in a mouse, you may get the following error:
“An error occurred during the installation of the device
The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry.
This may be because the INF was written for Windows 95 or later. Contact your hardware vendor.”
- Open Device Manager.
- Double click on the Mouse referred to as Unknown Device.
- Click on the Driver tab.
- Click Update Driver.
- Click Browse my computer for driver software
- Click Let me pick form a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Click HID compliant devices and click Next.
- Click on the second HID-compliant device in the list and click Next.