When you open Read & Write 10 you get the following error:
User Path not accessible
“Your User Path cannot be accessed or may not exist. Please check your settings.”
If the Teacher’s Toolkit is installed then the program needs to read the “C:\Texthelp” folder which should be created by the install. In this case it is unable to do so.
This assumes that Windows is installed on drive C. If it is not, then substitute C for the letter that is appropriate for you.
- Click the Start button.
- Click Computer.
- Open the C:\ drive.
- Check the C:\Texthelp folder exists:
- If it doesn’t exist then it may be on another drive, e.g. D:\Texthelp. If that’s the case then move it to the correct location.
- If it does exist:
- Right click the folder and select Cut.
- Right click on your Desktop and select Paste.
- Click Continue if prompted.
- Cut and Paste it back to the C:\ drive and click Continue if prompted.
If that doesn’t work then uninstall and reinstall Read & Write 10 without the Teachers Toolkit.
You area star!! this has been driving me crazy we have upgraded my daughter from V8 and could not understand why we could not get it to work.