Your computer will not turn on. There may be no sounds, lights or fan activity when you press the power button.
Select your type of computer below:
I am using a Desktop running Windows
- Turn the switch off the back of the back of the Desktop.
- Turn the switch off where the computer is plugged in to.
- Hold down the power button on the front of the computer for 10 seconds.
- Turn the switch on at the plug.
- Turn the switch on at the back of the computer.
- Press the Power button on the front.
I am using a Laptop running Windows
- Unplug the charger.
- Take out the battery.
- Reconnect the charger.
- Press the Power button.
I am using a Mac
Apple have their own set of detailed instructions here:
Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)