This article was updated with new information on 4th April 2012.
When you open Firefox, you may get a message regarding an unwanted Inbox toolbar. It appears in the browser above your tabs.
These instructions apply to the latest version of Firefox and may be worded differently for older versions.
[Get latest version]
- In Firefox, click Tools (on the top menu), then click Add-ons.
(Windows users may need to press the Alt key to see the Tools menu)
- In the Add-ons window, click the Extensions tab.
- Locate “Inbox Toolbar” and click the Remove button.
- It will say it has been removed. Next to this, click the “Restart now” link.
- Reset your homepage.
- On your search bar (usually at the top right), click the down arrow next to the Inbox icon and click “Manage Search Engines…” (See the screenshot below. Click the image to enlarge.)
- In the list, click once on Inbox Search and click the Remove button.
- Click OK and your search should revert back to what it was before.
- Click the Start button (Windows XP users should then click Run).
- Type appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
- Find Inbox Toolbar in the list and click on it once.
If it’s not there then you do not need to follow any more instructions.
- Click the Remove or Uninstall button.
- Click Yes, Continue or Allow to any prompts you are presented with regarding the uninstall.