When using the Prediction Tool in Read & Write GOLD for Mac, you are prompted to press the function keys (F1, F2, etc) to insert the word. However, pressing these will activate the standard Mac functions such as changing the screen brightness or volume.
There are several ways to work around this:
- Use the Mouse
- You are able to double click on any of the words that are suggested as opposed to pressing a key for them.
- Specify your own Shortcut Keys
- With the application open, on the top menu go to Read & Write GOLD -> Preferences and find “Customise Shortcuts”.
- Change the function of the Mac’s F Keys
- Click the Apple icon in the top left of the screen.
- Click System Preferences.
- Click on Keyboard.
- Check the option “Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys”.
- To use the special functions, you will need to hold the Fn key and the F key (e.g. Fn+F1).