- Before Attempting this step it is best to consult your Internet Service Provider.
- This is not a solution for an issue regarding an IP address consisting of 169.x.x.x Address. That is usually down to a network or router fault.
The icon on the task bar for the Internet connection shows an exclamation mark or limited connectivity.
This is commonly caused by a corrupted DNS cache.
- Open a Command Prompt as an Administrator.
- Type ipconfig and press enter.
- Look through the connection list and double click on your connection.
- Click Details.
- Check the IPv4 Address.
- If it starts with 169, this is most likely a connection error with the router or network and you should speak to your ISP or try restarting your router.
- If it starts with 192 or 10, clear the DNS cache.