When you open iPhoto, one of the following happens:
- No pictures are showing up
- Photo icons are blank
- iPhoto cannot read your Photo Library.
Also, you don’t have the originals on your computer or a copy available.
You possibly have a corrupted or inaccessible iPhoto library.
- Locate your iPhoto library. Normally this is located /user/”username”/Pictures.
- Hold CTRL and then click (or right click on a 2 button mouse).
- Select “Show package contents” from the list.
- Locate the folder named “Originals”.
- Copy it to you Pictures folder or desktop (wherever you want it).
- Delete the iPhoto library and then restart iPhoto. You will need to create a new iPhoto Library.