You need to access safe mode in Windows 8
To access safe mode in Windows 8 you first need to get to the “Advanced Startup Menu”
- Hold down Ctrl+Alt+Del (From here you will see a power icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.)
- Press and hold the left shift button.
- Whilst holding the shift button down, click on the power icon and select “Restart” (keep the shift button held down)
- You will now be presented with another menu.
- Choose the “Troubleshoot” option.
- Then choose “Advanced Options”
- Then choose “Windows Startup Settings”
- Confirm that you want to restart to view the advanced startup options.
- The computer will now restart and provide you with a list of options.
- Choose F4 for Safe-Mode and F5 for Safe-mode with basic networking.
Some features will be unavailable in safe mode including WI-FI internet, but you will be able to access your user files and perform a data backup if needed.