When viewing Flash videos on Youtube or other sites within Firefox, the video will either come up as a black box with no sound or just play the sound, this issue can be present on some videos and not others.
The Flash plug-in for Firefox has become corrupt.
- Try and disable the plug in and then enable it after a restart. You can do this by following these steps:
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Tools menu, and select Add-ons on the menu bar.
- Click on the Tools menu, and select Plug-ins.
- Click the button next to Flash plug-in to disable and then restart Firefox.
- Re-enable the plug-in again and restart the browser.
- If this doesn’t work try uninstalling Firefox and Flash from the machine by:
- Click on the Start button then Control Panel.
- Go to Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features.
- Select a program, and then click Uninstall on Flash and Firefox.
- Restart the computer, then download and install the 2 programs from these pages: