On Installation, the following errors are displayed.
- “The installation failed”
- “The installer can’t create the folder “/var/folders/r_/3sgz48xx27v_r138s4zbk3300000gp/T//Install.450dgBIAO”
(This is an example file path. The actual path name will vary.)
The installation folder is locked.
- In Finder, at the top, click Go -> Go To Folder Then Type /private/var/folders/r_/
- Then press Enter.
- Open the folder that is displayed in the error (varies).
- Right click (Hold CTRL then click one button mouse) select “Get Info”.
- Click Sharing and permissions.
- If “username” is there (username being your name) Click the cog icon and select “Apply to enclosed items”
- If not, then click the plus and then click “User name” and then click choose. Your username will be added.
- if username has Read Only permissions you will need to click and change to read and write permissions and then follow the above step to “Apply to enclosed items”.