Windows or Mac is running slow on your computer.
Try running the following fixes in this article to help speed it up again by following the steps for your operating system below.
- Run DriveTidy to free up disk space
- Reset Internet Explorer settings
- Make Windows shut down faster
- Disable unnecessary startup items and services
- Run a Malware scan
- Defragment your hard drive
(Windows Vista, 7 or newer should do this automatically.)
- Repair Disk Errors
- Disable Visual Themes
Mac OS X
- Repair disk errors
- Repair disk permissions
- Start up in Safe Mode and restart the computer afterwards.
- Reset home folder permissions
- Download and run Yasu making sure to check all options and click OK.
- Create a new user account to diagnose if the problem is specific to one account or all accounts.